Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes



'Tis the season to be jolly! And also, bake Christmas treats. I've been meaning to make some Christmas-themed desserts but I didn't have time until now. My aunt asked me to bake her some treats for her get-togethers with her friends, and I went with the always reliable cupcakes.



While doing my shopping I came across these lovely cake cups. I didn't occur to me that the chocolate cake will darken the cup and the Christmas decorations would be lost. Oh well, I still have some of them left and am planning to do some vanilla cupcakes later.


 I used some vanilla frosting and added a few drops of green dye. If there's something I can't stand about food colorants it's the obnoxious amount you have to use to get a solid color. Although these pastels look pretty, if I wanted it to be Christmas-tree green, I would had have to use A LOT of green dye. 


And to finish them up, just added a few Christmas sprinkles. Voilá, an easy-pretty Christmas dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment